Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Del Frisco's Grille - Hughes Landing - The Woodlands, Texas

So folks I had the opportunity this past weekend to pay a visit to the new Del Frisco's Grille, located in new restaurant and business development of Hughes Landing, located in The Woodlands, Texas.



This area has seen a lot of new and upcoming restaurants open these past few months but by far this restaurant has seemed to be the main staple that everyone is raving about no matter what time of the day and no matter what you order. So you know I had to check it out for myself.

So luckily I arrived with my friend at the right time for brunch this past Sunday just in time to beat the morning crowd. My friend who accompanied me decided to try the Banana's Foster French Toast which was just out of bounds. Total foodgasm. The banana rum sauce was just pure flavor overload. Plus topped with thick crispy bacon. I mean bacon just makes almost everything better. The french toast was nice and fluffy.

It seems like everyone is trying to take this classic breakfast item and trying kick it up a big notch. The only place to do a similar feat is Fielding's Wood Grill with their Creme Brulee French toast. Definitely a big hit at the table for this visit.



I decided to go with The Grille Benedict. Recently I have been on a little foodie adventure trying different twists on this breakfast classic as well. Plus I have had friends recommend it as a hot button item to try.

The eggs were poached perfectly, the shaved ham was nicely cooked and had a little salt flavor. The cheddar biscuits and cheese added some great flavors. The chipotle hollandaise sauce gave it some nice spicy notes. The only issue with the dish was the biscuits. They were a little dry for my taste. Maybe a little more sauce might have helped but overall it was a great dish.




I really can see what all the buzz is about. Del Frisco's Grille has everything working right. The service was excellent, the food was top notch and the environment of the restaurant flows well.
One thing I did notice on my visit was the party behind us,  order was not correct initially and the manager on duty took immediate action to get it corrected and followed up afterwards as well. This is a sign of business who cares about their quality of food and reputation. I see many more visits to Del Frisco's Grille in the future.

http://delfriscosgrille.com/woodlands










No comments:

Post a Comment