Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cousin's Maine Lobster - Houston, Texas

So ladies and gentlemen this past Saturday after a long day of work I found out to my surprise via a Facebook post through the Woodlands Area Foodie group that Cousin's Maine Lobster food truck was in the nearby area of Tomball, Texas.

So I decided to rush on over there since I have had the pleasure of visiting them twice before and had two very good experiences but on a third attempt was put off by a long line and bad weather unfortunately.

Now to give a little background about these folks. This is one of the first franchised food trucks to my knowledge. They were originally started by some folks who appeared for an initial investment on the Shark Tank TV show on ABC. So far they are setup in both Houston and Dallas.



The prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity of food they serve, but expect on average to spend maybe thirty to sixty dollars for a few items off their menu as listed below which maybe a little more than what some folks are accustom to when going to a food truck, but it's definitely well worth it. Below is their current menu selection.


For this visit, I got a couple different items they had recently added to their menu. I gave both the Shrimp and Lobster tacos a try plus my "go to" items like the Maine Lobster Roll and Cape Cod chips.

Both of versions of the tacos were awesome. The flavor was great and the serving sizes were very nice. It was a very nice melody of flavors going off in my mouth. I will say I did like the lobster tacos better, but the Shrimp tacos were on point too. They are a little messy but what taco isn't. Definitely a great new set of items to add to their menu. 




For folks who love seafood. The Maine Lobster is a great "go to" item. Awesome whole chunks of lobster with a light mayo dressing on a warm buttery grilled bun. It's just pure foodie heaven. If you have a good appetite I suggest you grab two for sure.


I will have to say this trip to Cousin's Maine Lobster was overall successful. They have worked on their service times. Mine for this trip was about twenty-five minutes from waiting, ordering, to receiving my food which is a significant improvement over their last trip to the area. My only gripe was the location they chose to set up in. It was not that convenient. The were located in an apartment complex. Parking was the key issue as you can see below. I think maybe a larger shopping center or neighborhood like before would be a better choice. Definitely worth the drive and the money.

Visit their website for their schedule and locations. http://www.cousinsmainelobster.com/houston/




No comments:

Post a Comment