Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Corkscrew BBQ 2.0 - Old Town Spring, Texas

So today I had the pleasure of visiting the new location of Corkscrew BBQ located in the quaint area of Old Town Spring, just East of Interstate 45 North.




The Corkscrew BBQ crew went on a brief two months hiatus to expand operations and bring their style and level of BBQ to the masses. With dedicated parking, a large air-conditioned dining hall, patio and covered seating. Their location definitely has a lot going for it.





On this beautiful Texas afternoon. I got to enjoy to the local scenery of  the Texas brush in combination was some interesting and historic wall art surrounding the interior and exterior of their building while waiting every so patiently for some of their awesome BBQ.





Today I decided on my initial visit to their new location. I figure it would probably be wise to show up about thirty to forty minutes prior to them opening. In the hope, I would secure an early spot in their reserve waiting system. Luckily I was very blessed, and for the first time got the number two spot in line. Which is pretty fantastic considering I skipped breakfast since I have been looking forward to a hearty BBQ feast which I would call lunch. For those unfamiliar to their setup at Corkscrew BBQ. They have a twenty-six-page number system for those who show up early. They typically set out  a binder by the front the door, and for those who come early, you get a dedicated spot in line ahead of the faithful masses.



For my first trip revisiting Corkscrew BBQ, I decided to go with my personal favorite of moist BBQ Bricket, Spicy Pulled Pork, with two sides of their delicious Mac N Cheese and Spicy BBQ Baked Beans.








These folks definitely haven't missed a beat since moving locations. The brisket had great bark, texture, and seasoning. It was so tender you could cut with a plastic fork. The spicy pulled pork was absolutely wonderful and tasty. The spices they use leave a nice kick on your tongue after each bite. The Mac N Cheese was very creamy and with a little hint of pepper just makes you want to go back and ask for a tub of it to take home. The bbq beans are simply phenomenal. For anyone who loves sweet and spicy, these beans will do the trick for you. 




I have really got to hand to the folks at Corkscrew BBQ. They have really out did themselves. They successfully have moved to their new location. Worked out any initial operational kinks and maintained their signature BBQ taste and flavor. I personally believe they have a bright future ahead of themselves and I wish them best luck and much success.

Below are links to their website and facebook page information. I would highly recommend following their facebook page since they do post frequent updates of how close they are selling completely out for the day in hopes in to avoid showing up and finding out the hard way.


website - http://www.corkscrewbbq.com/

facebook - https://www.facebook.com/csbbq24930/





No comments:

Post a Comment